Activate Your MyCoyote Account Instructions
On the next pages, you will be shown how to login to CSUSB Identity Manager to activate to MyCoyote account, how to change your password when needed and to secure your MyCoyote account by providing answers to the Authentication Questions.
If you are a CSUSB employee attempting to activate your account for the first time, contact the Technology Support Center (TSC) ext. 77677 to retrieve your activation code, then return here to activate your MyCoyote account.
Step 1. Login to the CSUSB Identity Manager to activate your MyCoyote account
To activate you’re My Coyote account, you must login into the CSUSB Identity Manager. If you are a first time user, you must use your Activation Code as your Password. If you have already created a new password through CSUSB Identity Manager, you do not need to activate your account again.
- Type your nine digit Coyote ID into the Coyote Id text box and
- Type your Activation Code as your Password. Into the Password/Pin/Activation Code text box or your new password you created through the CSUSB Identity Manager.
- Click the Login button.
After you have login the CSUSB Identiy Manager main menu will appear
The CSUSB Identity Manager main menu has the following three options links:
- Click on the Change the Password link to change your password.
- Click on the Setup/Change Answers to Authentication Questions link to Setup/Change Answers to Authentication Questions.
- Click on the Change Other Account Attributes link to change other account attributes.
Step 2. Changing your Password
From the CSUSB Identity Manager main menu Click on the Change the Password link to change your password.
Changing Password Section:
In the Changing Password section you can change your password on all resources, or you can change you password on individual resource accounts.
- To change you password on all resources check the Change Identity system user and all resource accounts check box.
- Or to change your password on individual resources, uncheck the Change Identity system user and all resource accounts check box
and select one or more Account ID check boxes.
- Click the Change Password button to commit your changes.
4. After you've change your password a Change Password Status page will appear.
Click OK to return to the CSUSB Identity Manager main
Step 3. Answers to Authentication Questions
Set/Change Answer to Authentication Questions Sections:
The Authentication questions are used in case a user has forgotten his/her password. A user must answer all the Authentication questions to login into the CSUSB Identity Manager if he/she has forgotten his/her password. To go to the Setup/Change Answers to Authentication Questions page from the CSUB Identity Manager main menu.
- Click the Setup/Change Answers to Authentication Questions link
In the Setup/Change Answers to Authentication Questions page you have two options:
If you forget your password,
the system will prompt you for the answers to those authentication questions associated with your account.
- Answer the predefine authentication questions inside the text that is next to the predefined question or
- Provide your own Personalize authentication question in the blank question text box with your personalized authentication answer in the blank answer text box provided in the Personalized Authentication Question section.You can add more Personalized authentication question by
Clicking the add question button and repeating the previous steps of providing your own Personalize authentication Question and Answers.
- Click the Save button to save your answers.
Click ok on Change Answers Results page to return the CSUSB Identity main menu.
Step 4. Logout & Close Your Browser Window
Click the Logout button in the upper right corner and then CLOSE YOUR
BROWSER WINDOW AND RETURN TO YOUR PREVIOUS LOGON SCREEN.
Login using your 9 digit Coyote ID number and the NEW password you just established.
For additional help, contact the CSUSB Technology Support Center (TSC) at email@example.com